We've got to say our first flower workshop of 2017 was a blooming blast! Held in collaboration with Benefit Malaysia, this workshop featured TWO of woman's best friends; Flower and Makeup!
Held at Benefit's Boutique, it was awesome, pink vibes everywhere. Just the right place to get the girls' creative juices going! Even the snack corner had pink goodies and was decorated in a great pink shade.
When you think of flower workshops, what comes to mind is flowers arranged in a vase. However here's the highlight of this workshop, participants will arrange their flowers into the Benefit Cosmetics Girl Pop can!
Led by our co-founder, Penny the girls went straight to work on their flowers after a brief intro to the flowers to be used and techniques of arranging flowers.
The flowers coming to live with guidance from Penny. Our participants certainly had good talent and an eye for flower designing!
Besides the Girl Pop flowers, the girls also got makeup tips from the Benefit Cosmetics team. They got to take home their Girl Pop flowers, valuable flower arrangement and makeup tips plus the make up kit in the Girl Pop! Certainly a very fulfilling workshop.
Would you like to join our next flower workshop? Let us know in the comments!
At BloomThis, we have always been firm believers that every second of your life is a great opportunity to create a special moment. So it was a great pleasure for us to partner up with the renowned cosmetics brand, SK-II in their journey to help women change their destiny.
Pergola deco done up by our designer florist
Every SK-II event is well-thought out and keeps it relevancy in encouraging women to continue to pursue their dreams. This is what keeps us passionate in blooming up their events with our handcrafted flowers.
Vase arrangements for table seating
Our florists colour coordinated the vase arrangements to match SK-II's corporate colours and theme. Loving the personalised touches made by the SK-II team for their Beauty Circle ladies!
Look out for more on our partnership with SK-II in this coming year. We are excited to be creating more extraordinary moments together with SK-II!
The mistletoe is one of the most popular plants during the holiday season. Even Justin Bieber dedicated a song to this legendary plant. However in reality, the mistletoe is a flowering plant that obtain their nutrition by living on and parasitizing other plants. In other words, they don't seem that romantic at all as they basically rob the nutrients of other plants to survive.
Pantone has recently released their colour of the year for 2017 and it's called 'Greenery'. No brownie point for guessing that colour because its name clearly suggests it's a shade of green.
As Pantone describes it, Greenery is; a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. With Greenery as the 2017 colour of the year, it would be no surprise as florists start to move towards utilising more foliage, leaves and greenery in their curations.
Picture credit: @therubystreet via Instagram
We are also excited to work with more greeneries in our own products as it has a peaceful and refreshing effect to those who receive it. Using the right greeneries with your flowers can certainly make it stand out more and eye-catching. It'll also certainly make a comforting gift amidst the turbulent times we may have in the next year.
So what do you think about 2017's new colour of the year? Would you like to see more greenery used in our flower arrangements for 2017? Let us know your thoughts!
It's the most wonderful time of the year again. As we marvel at the many intricate Christmas decorations mushrooming around us, won't we would love to decorate our living spaces in the same way?
We have heard your heart's desire and came up with a simple tutorial to help you create the best festive deco fit for this holiday season!
First up, just gather the following materials:
- BloomThis Merry Blooms Long Box flowers of your choice
- Pair of sharp scissors
- Donut shaped floral foam
- Sharp knife or blade
- 30cm twine
Now you are all set to go on your own flower adventure! Just click on the video to learn how to make an all time Christmas favourite deco.
Have you heard of Poinsettias?You probably have seen them when the holiday season comes around but didn't know what these beautiful flowers are called.
These fire red flowers are synonym to Christmas festivities due to their fire-red colour which instantly brightens the space it occupies. Although they are most popular for their bright red variant, there are actually more than 100 varieties of Poinsettias.
The Poinsettia will be the perfect flowers to spruce up your festive celebrations as they are need little maintenance. Just ensure the soil of the Poinsettia is damp and it will be a happy plant. They are also known to be very long lasting plants so you can even use them all year round to bring cheer to any space!
Get this holiday staple today to spice up the most wonderful time of the year HERE!
Baby's Breath has taken the floral industry by storm in this year with lots of adoring fans hinting their loved ones to buy them these adorable flowers.
The Baby's Breath may have shot to a superstar status, but how much do you know about them? Here are some quick facts about this awesome flower!
1. Baby's breath come from the family of Caryophyllaceae which is the family of Carnations! Who would have thought these little flowers were related to Carnations?
2. The scientific name for Baby's Breath is Gypsophila which comes from the Greek words 'gypsum' and 'loving'. No wonder we feel loved when we receive these flowers.
3. Baby's breath are natively found in Asia, Europe, Africa and Australia.
4. They can be found in white, pink, or violet. However, pink and violet Baby's Breath come at a very premium price!
Did you learned anything new about baby's breath today? We certainly hope you did!
5) Snap away! Be creative with your arrangements and don’t be afraid to try something new. When in doubt, just add more petals!
Hi all, I’m Kaylee from Luxella and today I’ll be taking over the BloomThis blog (Thanks guys) to share some Instagram flatlay tips. Luxella is a website that sells Japanese beauty products directly from Japan, and I do spend a lot of time on Instagram.
We’ll be snapping some flatlays with confetti rose petals, BloomThis blooms and some Japanese beauty products.
2. Natural light is the easiest to work with. So pick a sunny / semi-cloudy day and set up by a window. Lighting can make or break your picture, so do some test shots to find the perfect lighting
3. Pick flowers or petals that match the overall colour scheme. For example if the beauty products have pink packaging or tones, try using some pink petals. If you are photographing a bouquet of red roses, pick some stronger coloured items that will complement the rose petals. Gold goes with red quite well . Also, there’s water in the BloomThis box, so make sure you drain it first if you do want to lie it on the side.
4. Invest in some backgrounds. These waterproof, cleanable backgrounds come in many colours and textures. You don’t need to spend thousands for a marble countertop - just get some marble contact paper for less than $20. But make sure the backgrounds are matte - shiny ones won’t photograph well.
Watch out for part 2 of Kaylee's flat lay tutorial on our blog coming to you on the 28th of October!