It's the most wonderful time of the year again. As we marvel at the many intricate Christmas decorations mushrooming around us, won't we would love to decorate our living spaces in the same way?
We have heard your heart's desire and came up with a simple tutorial to help you create the best festive deco fit for this holiday season!
First up, just gather the following materials:
- BloomThis Merry Blooms Long Box flowers of your choice
- Pair of sharp scissors
- Donut shaped floral foam
- Sharp knife or blade
- 30cm twine
Now you are all set to go on your own flower adventure! Just click on the video to learn how to make an all time Christmas favourite deco.
Have you heard of Poinsettias?You probably have seen them when the holiday season comes around but didn't know what these beautiful flowers are called.
These fire red flowers are synonym to Christmas festivities due to their fire-red colour which instantly brightens the space it occupies. Although they are most popular for their bright red variant, there are actually more than 100 varieties of Poinsettias.
The Poinsettia will be the perfect flowers to spruce up your festive celebrations as they are need little maintenance. Just ensure the soil of the Poinsettia is damp and it will be a happy plant. They are also known to be very long lasting plants so you can even use them all year round to bring cheer to any space!
Get this holiday staple today to spice up the most wonderful time of the year HERE!
Baby's Breath has taken the floral industry by storm in this year with lots of adoring fans hinting their loved ones to buy them these adorable flowers.
The Baby's Breath may have shot to a superstar status, but how much do you know about them? Here are some quick facts about this awesome flower!
1. Baby's breath come from the family of Caryophyllaceae which is the family of Carnations! Who would have thought these little flowers were related to Carnations?
2. The scientific name for Baby's Breath is Gypsophila which comes from the Greek words 'gypsum' and 'loving'. No wonder we feel loved when we receive these flowers.
3. Baby's breath are natively found in Asia, Europe, Africa and Australia.
4. They can be found in white, pink, or violet. However, pink and violet Baby's Breath come at a very premium price!
Did you learned anything new about baby's breath today? We certainly hope you did!
5) Snap away! Be creative with your arrangements and don’t be afraid to try something new. When in doubt, just add more petals!
Hi all, I’m Kaylee from Luxella and today I’ll be taking over the BloomThis blog (Thanks guys) to share some Instagram flatlay tips. Luxella is a website that sells Japanese beauty products directly from Japan, and I do spend a lot of time on Instagram.
We’ll be snapping some flatlays with confetti rose petals, BloomThis blooms and some Japanese beauty products.
2. Natural light is the easiest to work with. So pick a sunny / semi-cloudy day and set up by a window. Lighting can make or break your picture, so do some test shots to find the perfect lighting
3. Pick flowers or petals that match the overall colour scheme. For example if the beauty products have pink packaging or tones, try using some pink petals. If you are photographing a bouquet of red roses, pick some stronger coloured items that will complement the rose petals. Gold goes with red quite well . Also, there’s water in the BloomThis box, so make sure you drain it first if you do want to lie it on the side.
4. Invest in some backgrounds. These waterproof, cleanable backgrounds come in many colours and textures. You don’t need to spend thousands for a marble countertop - just get some marble contact paper for less than $20. But make sure the backgrounds are matte - shiny ones won’t photograph well.
Watch out for part 2 of Kaylee's flat lay tutorial on our blog coming to you on the 28th of October!
There are many risk factors in breast cancer that we may not be able to control such as genetics, race and age. However, there are risk factors that are within your control and that could help you reduce your risk of getting breast cancer.
1. Consuming alcohol
Research shows that compared to women who don't drink at all, women who have 3 alcoholic drinks per week are 15% more likely to have breast cancer. Drinking alcohol has been clearly linked to an increased risk of developing breast cancer as consuming alcohol damages the DNA in cells.
Evidence has shown that exercise reduces the risk of breast cancer. With as little as 2 1/2 hours of of brisk walk, a woman's risk of breast cancer is reduced by 18%. During exercise, blood sugar is consumed and control and this limits the levels of insulin growth factor which can affect how breast cancer cells grows and behave.
3. Eating Unhealthy Food
Research has shown that women that more fats in their diet had an increased risk of breast cancer. The risks of breast cancer also doubled among those who ate higher levels of saturated fats compared to those who ate less. Ultimately, it is ideal to keep a balanced diet that is rich in fruits, vegetable and whole grains to keep your body healthy.
Sources: www.breastcancer.org, http://www.cancerresearchuk.org,
90% of breast cancer cases happen to women above 40 years old however that does not remove the risk of younger women being diagnosed with breast cancer too.
There are many factors that may increase the risk of a young woman being diagnosed with breast cancer. You could be at a higher risk of getting breast cancer if
- you have a family history of breast cancer
- you have heavy alcohol usage
- your diet includes high amounts of red meat
- you are obese
These factors are not conclusive but have been shown to put women at higher risk. No matter your risk factor, it is still important for women whether young and old to know how their breasts look and feel. Breast self exams may not be compulsory for women in their 20's but it's a good time to understand how your breasts are when they are young and healthy.
Always remember DETECTION SAVES LIVES!
As flower lovers, nothing makes you sadder than to see your fresh flowers wilt faster than expected. There are many methods out there on how to keep your cut flowers fresh for a longer time. Some may sound absurd; such as putting a penny into the water of your vase.
However, here's a scientific backed method to keep your flowers fresh at almost no cost at all. You probably can find all these ingredients at home or easily get them when you are at the supermarket.
Why you should use these ingredients? Because each one of it plays an important role in helping your flowers stay fresh!
Husband's Day is coming up very soon, it's time to give your loving and hardworking men a morale boost! If you have not heard of this day before, Husband's Day happens on 16th of April every year and it is a day to honour and appreciate the men of your life.
In celebration of husbands, we have collaborated with Ohsum Mossum Terrariums to bring you two Limited Edition Terrariums. Maybe you would be wondering, what in the world are terrariums and why would they make a good gift for your husbands. Let us take you on a brief tour in the world of Terrariums.
WHAT ARE TERRARIUMS?
Terrariums are essentially mini gardens enclosed in a glass container. Just imagine having your own little patch of greenery growing on your window sill or work desk minus all the hard work and dirty hands.
Here's why terrariums would make a terrific gift for your husband!
1. They need very little care
Unlike a real garden, terrariums are able to water themselves through a process of condensation
2. They last for years!
If taken care of, terrariums are able to last not for days or months but years!
3. They brighten up your work space
Plants have always been known to cheer up a dull space and terrariums are a great option due to their low maintenance.
4. They are able to relieve stress
Research shows that people who are exposed to plant-life experience lower stress levels than those who don't!
5. They are cool
Terrariums are self-sustaining, mini ecosystems living within a glass container. Even the macho-est and coolest dudes would be impressed by them!
So don't get the same old belt, shirt or tie for your man this Husband's Day.
Get him our Limited Edition Terrariums that's cool and practical at the same time! He'll think of you and thank you every time he sees it on his desk :)